Linda Eisenstein: Plays, Music, & More

Saturday, July 01, 2006


WILD PLUM BENEFIT

Last night I went to the Friday night benefit for Wild Plum Productions' trip to NYC to the Fresh Fruit Festival. It started with a production of my comedy MARLA'S DEVOTION, which they will be taking on the road, then morphed into free food, wine, music by Maura Rogers and local grrrl band Slackjaw, and a raffle for funky jewelry by Chris Sweiger and a kickass photo of Slackjaw taken by WP2 photographer Terry Michelle.

CPT's Gordon Square Theatre was packed! A huge bunch of women -- an amazing turnout considering that the event didn't end up in either the PD Friday magazine or in Cool Cleveland. Viral queer marketing, my babes! Emails sent from grrrl to grrrl to grrrl, and suddenly they're crawling out of the wall. Most impressive.

A big shoutout to Cleveland Public Theatre AD Raymond Bobgan who let WP2 use its big Gordon Square Theatre space rent-free for all 4 performances. Mad love, Raymond! It looks like by the end of the weekend they'll make enough to fund the trip, and that's even at the low $10 ticket.

I wish I could go with them -- they're going to enjoy the Festival a lot, I know. But between Ingenuity, finishing a book contract (more on that later), just coming back from California, and going to Minneapolis the following weekend for the LMDA conference, I just couldn't squeeze in one more hit-and-run trip.

3 Comments:

  • Would you sell me your energy secrets?

    By Blogger Jill, at 9:02 AM  

  • LOL! Lo-fat popcorn every night while I read as much of a novel as I can get through before falling asleep from my raggedy-ass day.

    By Blogger Linda Eisenstein, at 9:10 AM  

  • But what do you throw on or metl into that pop-corn, wink wink?

    By Blogger Jill, at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home