Linda Eisenstein: Plays, Music, & More

Monday, June 19, 2006

YOSEMITE HIGH COUNTRY - WOW!

I'm taking a week off in California, most of it in Yosemite National Park. I've been to Yosemite at least 15 times in my life, probably more (I grew up in San Francisco), but I've never seen it with so much water. There was a huge snowmelt this year, and the waterfalls are unbelievably lush.

Bridalveil Falls (left) has as much volume as Yosemite Falls usually does, and there are waterfalls in places I've never seen before. We were really lucky because the Tioga Road had just opened, so we had access to some incredibly beautiful places.

Here's a picture of Ellsworth Lake in the Yosemite high country, where we drove today:



Albert (the father in my play Three the Hard Way) always wanted his ashes to be scattered in the high Sierra camps. This kind of beauty is one reason why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home