Linda Eisenstein: Plays, Music, & More

Monday, June 26, 2006

WHY I LOVE ACTORS

Playwrights don't always like to admit it, but often actors can get to know your characters so well, they know them better than you do.

After I posted my first Yosemite blog entry, I got an email from an actor who played Albert in two early readings of THREE THE HARD WAY. He corrected me about my play. "Albert never mentioned anything about sprinkling his ashes in the Sierra," he said. Then he gave me the actual quote -- it was in a recalled telephone conversation about the weather, "time to hit the high country". That made one of the daughters think about sprinkling his ashes there.

I looked it up, and son-of-a-gun! He was right.

The punch line: He played Albert 10 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home