Linda Eisenstein: Plays, Music, & More

Monday, June 12, 2006

ACME TEMPORARY SERVICES at P-TOWN FRINGE

I just remembered that I have another production coming up in ten days. ACME TEMPORARY SERVICES, my comic monologue about temp hell, is going to be performed in Provincetown, Massachusetts at the Provincetown Fringe Festival. It'll run every Thursday night at 7 pm, from June 22 - August 31.

It's being performed by P-town Fringe founder Marjorie Conn as part of a one-woman show every Thursday night called "Delirious Delectable Delovely Dames". The other material is by Dorothy Parker, Harold Pinter, and Marj herself.

It's a pleasure for me to have my material being done by a dame with some treadwear on her! So many of my monologues are performed by feisty new companies full of barely-out-of-school actors. I always appreciate the interest that students and young actors have in my work, but there are so few meaty, funny parts for women "of a certain age". So I like to write them, and I always enjoy seeing older women do them. I'm delighted that Marj is going to perform it all summer.

ACME is one of my most produced monologues. It's been called "gut-wrenchingly funny" (Entertainment Today), "hilarious" (nytheatre.com) "a hysterical slam against the corporate machine" (Off-Off-Broadway Review) and "a comic wet dream for anybody who's ever held a temporary job" (NoHoNews).

If anybody's in P-town this summer, please check it out and let me know how it went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home